Happy Saturday/Sunday (depending on where in the word you are :P). I have an absolutely fabulous, funny, delicious guest post to share with you guys today, written by the wonderful, überly talented Miranda Keneally, author of Catching Jordan & Stealing Parker, two of my favorite books!
She's here to talk about... *drum roll*... Her top ten worst dates!
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...
Miranda Kenneally's Top Ten Worst Dates!
1. I went with this guy to the Winter Wonderland dance. He drove me there and took me home afterwards, but he spent the entire dance dancing with another girl! I wouldn’t hook up with him after the dance, and he later told friends that he would’ve felt really guilty hooking up with me since he hadn’t danced with me at all.
2. A kiss occurred. His breath smelled like hot wings. Ugh.
3. In high school, this guy asked me to see a Bond movie. Afterwards, he told me he thought I looked like Eva Braun (Hitler’s wife) and then tried to kiss me.
4. A friend said she’d go with an older guy to prom. Then she backed out of the date because a hotter guy asked her to prom too. So she begged me to go with the first guy to prom. It sucked having to be a guy’s second choice! Plus, I felt bad for the guy, because he really had wanted to go with my friend.
5. This guy took me to a party. It turned out to be an underwear party, where everyone wore just their underwear. I wasn’t really into this and went out into the backyard to talk to someone. By the time I went back inside, the guy I had come with had already left with another girl! They went somewhere to hook up, and I had no ride and no money for a cab. I think I had to walk two miles in freezing January weather to get home. Who the hell has an underwear party in January anyway?
6. On my first date with my husband, I got a horrible headache and had to go home early. I was horrified he thought I was making an excuse to ditch him. Luckily he called me again!
7. This isn’t a date per se, but I had a bit too much to drink a party in college and made out with this guy who turned out to be gay.
8. A friend asked me to go on a double date with her boyfriend and his friend, only no one informed the friend it was a double date. He clearly did not want to be there with me, and didn’t even sit beside me at dinner or the movie. Super embarrassing.
9. Senior year of high school, I was really interested in this one guy. We spent a lot of time together, so I thought it might be heading toward romance. Then, for my 18th, birthday, he told me he had a big surprise for me. I figured he was taking me to dinner, but he took me to the porn store because you can do things like that when you turn 18. I was mortified!
10. In college, I was sort of seeing this guy/hooking up with him. He invited me home for Thanksgiving dinner with his family. After dinner, I got sick and spent the rest of the night vomiting up his mom’s food. I was not invited back.
LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by, Miranda!
So, if you're having a bad day, I really hope this brought a smile (and maybe a little giggle) to your face, whether it's because these dates sound familiar (oh gosh, I hope not!), or just because you're thanking the lucky stars you've never been this unlucky.
Peace out my lovelies!